"Wherefore, whoso believeth in God might with surety hope for a better world, yea, even a place at the right hand of God, which hope cometh of faith, maketh and anchor to the souls of men, which would make them sure and steadfast, always abounding in good works, being led to glorify God." Ether 12:4

Saturday, April 25, 2009

Weekend post, Today- "Normal"

Sunday, April 26, day 189, week 27, month 6 since diagnosis-

Life at home is back to "normal". Michelle and I are both in recuperation mode and trying to help care for one another. Of course family is here and stepping up to meet our needs. Life goes on . . .

I am in some pain and discomfort as I recover from surgery. Pain is hovering around four or five on a consistant basis, but for the most part I am able to be somewhat active. My recovery has been much faster this time around compared to the other three surgeries, I think due in large part to the epidural used during anesthesia. Even having a larger (6")mid-line incision, the hospital stay was much less painful and I was able to rest and walk more and sooner. Both have contributed to a speedy recovery process. Not to say that this surgery hasn't been a setback. Last night I experienced some anxiety about 3:00am. I was tossing and turning and having night sweats. After an early first breakfast cinammon roll and some Andy Griffeth Show, I was able to go back to bed and sleep, though fitfully. I wonder what lessons I still need to learn from all these experiences . . .

As always we feel sustained by your prayers, love, and faith. Thank-you for your continued concern for our welfare. We are grateful for your love and affection.

7 comments:

Siope L Kinikini said...

Our prayers never cease in your behalf. I hope to see you soon.

Zeann said...

Is just hard to get a gooooood man down. Sorry you are having pain and hope it subsides quickly. Prayers are constantly for you and blessings are yours. Waiting to see the lessons in the rear view mirror can lead to a little dismay huh. I cant wait to find out what the lessons are for as well. Take it a little easy on that valient body this week. Hope Michelle is feeling better. Love you

Barbara Jackson said...

You set such a wonderful example for all of us! We love you both. You are ALWAYS in our hearts and prayers.

xoxoxoxo

Ned and Barbara

Anonymous said...

Richard,

Several years ago, the young men in the ward (It was Corey, Christian, Ben, Cam, and Rick Elder at the time) for some reason were trying to decide who the "Toughest Dad" in the ward was. Christian informed me that apparently they came to the conclusion that it was me. I remember telling Christian that although I was flattered, they had picked the wrong guy. I told him that the toughest guy in the ward was really Brother Loser and they just hadn't lived long enough to see the signs. That was long before you ever got sick. Well, there is no doubt in my mind that if they got together and took another vote, they would all get it right this time. They have lived long enough to figure it out now and you have lived long enough to prove it.

Keep up the good work Richard. You had my vote all along.

I love you and hope I can be half the man you are some day.

Lonnie

The Brooks Family said...

maybe the lessons are for the rest of us to learn. You are amazing in your outlook on this whole experience. (though you always have been!) love and miss you!

Burke Richman said...

Rick I connected with scott powell the other day. We talked on the phone for about a half hour. you are one tough cowboy. Our prayers are with you. Burke Richman

Zeann said...

So glad you are feeling well enough to be going places but missing you on the blog.Love you all