"Wherefore, whoso believeth in God might with surety hope for a better world, yea, even a place at the right hand of God, which hope cometh of faith, maketh and anchor to the souls of men, which would make them sure and steadfast, always abounding in good works, being led to glorify God." Ether 12:4

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Sunday, October 11, Day 360, Week 51, Month 11 since diagnosis-


(I have thrown in a scattering of pictures. They are in no special sequence or meaning, just some fun pictures to look at!)
Easy Rider Bethany Wood & Uncle Rick
on Stephen Story's Trike. By the way did I say it's for rent?

We have had a very busy couple of weeks, many visitors and much to do. We appreciate so much the many condolences and well wishes we have received with the passing of Michelle's father. The memorial services were beautiful, worshipful, and therapeutic for all the family. Thank you and know that we love you.


We enjoyed a Family Council on Sunday evening where we SKYPED (see http://www.skype.com/) Benjamin and Jackie into the meeting from Norman, Oklahoma. They are enjoying all the experiences of typical newlyweds. Believe it or not, Benj got a job at the Little River Zoo in Norman, OK http://littleriverzoo.com/! He is responsible for the care of forty of their predators. Leave it up to Benj to score a job like that! Jackie continues to be active with Women's Sooner Volleyball and school. http://www.soonersports.com/sports/w-volley/okla-w-volley-body.html.

Alex mucking out the back pond for winter hibernation

I continue to "enjoy" my liquid diet. I try to "liquidate" new menu items on a regular basis. Cafe Rio's BBQ Pork Burrito isn't quite the same when "liquidated", if you get my drift! The nightly regimen of TPN keeps me going, but I am losing weight. I am down to 140 pounds. My doctor has increased my steroid medication again, so my "moon" face is coming back in swell form, but the remainder of my body is noticeably wrinkled and thin. Hopefully the energy levels will be swelling along with the face!

Isaac on the 200# giant pumpkin, from our wonderful neighbors

I am experiencing a gradual decline in overall health. My sense of well being is winding down. Nausea still bothers me the most. On the Ten Scale: Nausea= 3, Pain= 2, Overall Well being= 5. We still are welcoming visitors- love our visitors in fact. Please call first though. We have progressed to the point in my care that we are no longer really doing much with the doctors directly. The treatment plan is to manage nausea and pain to enhance our quality of life together, as my life winds down. Life is still great and there is much to do and much life to live. Heavenly Father continues to hold us up . . .

Uncle Bill in Little Valley above Wallsburg with a Rainbow

Isaac & Grandpa playing and fishing at Strawberry

7 comments:

Leslie Scoresby said...

So good to have you update...and we love your moon face...or any face for that matter! Know we love you and ...........

Barbara Jackson said...

Thank you for the update!!! Only a Loser guy would/could get a job with crawly rough things!!!!!!!!!! We love you!!!!!!!!

xoxoxoxoxo

Ned and Barbara

Zeann said...

Sooooo HAPPY to hear from you. Moon faces seem to look deceptivly happy and healthy. By now Benj must have his PHD in zoo predators from "The Loser Home Acadamy of
Creatures". I'll bet he is likin that job. I have thought about bringing in some of Bobs Chili Verde but it would not be so good on the return trip. Just wishin you all the best possible, thinkin about you every day, praying your trip here will be as comfortable as possible and lovin the Loser family.

Zeann said...

Wow I like the pictures. They are great. Love you

Tracy said...

I have been scrolling back through the many posts left here. The outpouring of love is amazing and I marvel that nearly one yr later we are still blessed by your presence, given the initial diagnosis. I know that blessings have been honored and promises kept so you have had time to do all that was important, necessary and good before you take the next step in our Fathers "Great Plan of happiness".

For me sometimes - well most of the time - it is hard to figure out why things are the way they are, and it is so easy to go to the "why me" room wring my hands, shake my fists and scream LOUD! But once the fit is over and I return to my senses I realize that I have very LITTLE control over stuff. Control over events is an illusion. God is in charge, He knows what's going on, He is the Captain of the ship. We are along for the ride and what a ride. He only asks us to have faith, obey repent and do the very best we can. The Savior takes care of the rest...

As I push my way through mortality trying to keep hold of the rod, I am grateful for those I can see ahead of me that inspire me to hang on. You have been one of those special individuals for me. Ya...Ya... I know; you hate it when we get all perfection on you but, here's a news flash...I know you are not perfect and ohmygosh you still inspire me. Dude you ROCK!

I love you, you will always hold a very special place in my heart and I hope, after you check out of "Hotel Mortality" if you have time, that you will stop by and give me a lift especially when I am pounding my head against the wall (do they let you do that? probably not...). Anyway, You always, well some of the time, you really made a difference for me. And for those subtle times you unknowingly influenced me I express my sincere gratitude.

Rick, Sounds like things are winding down. We would like to stop by, say hello and get a REALLY BIG HUG.

Love ya lots, Tracy & Jill

Michelle, please know, we are here for you(sincerely)whatever we can do, we want to do.

PS If you still have the trike I'll bring my HOG over and we could have a race? That is if your manly man enough...

Barbara Jackson said...

Thanks for tonight! We love you.

xoxoxoxox

Ned and Barbara

Tracy said...

Ditto Barb! It was a great time.

Hugs & Kisses, Tracy & Jill