"Wherefore, whoso believeth in God might with surety hope for a better world, yea, even a place at the right hand of God, which hope cometh of faith, maketh and anchor to the souls of men, which would make them sure and steadfast, always abounding in good works, being led to glorify God." Ether 12:4

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Who's the Most Spoiled...

Hello all! Time for our biweekly check in. These last few days, dad has been feeling pretty sick still from his Chemo last week. He's been tired and has had more nausea than ever before (but at least it's not completely stopping him from eating). He has continued to love his visitors, so much in fact that he likes to pack in as many people as he can!

This week on Friday, dad has a PET scan before his doctors appointment. For those who don't know, a PET scan helps the doctors see how big the tumors in his abdomen are. We are expecting them to be the same size or even shrunken (is that a word?) a little, since the blood work indicates that his tumor markers are going down. I guess we'll see, and let you know next week when we get the results! Dad isn't really looking forward to the scan, though - something about standing up with your arms and one leg in the air for 200 minutes and drinking seventeen gallons of red dye or something like that - I don't know, you'll have to ask him :)

Otherwise, things are continuing to be okay at the Loser home. We received a great email from Cam this week, and here's another little excerpt:
"We are a very very blessed family. I have a father that I love dearly and I know that he loves me. A lot of people don't have that and their relationships are worse or they don't have one at all. I believe ... I have a father ready to meet our Father in Heaven and Christ. Dad, don't get me wrong, you have gotten mad when we didn't do our jobs you asked us to do. When you were always working on a new project and we would sneak off to hang out with friends or to get out of doing the work you would get frustrated. But you were always trying to help us learn how to work, and I realize now that you always always always wanted the best for us... I hope I can raise my kids like you have and be a dad like you have been to me. I am so very grateful that our Father in Heaven chose me to come to this family."

Again, we want to thank all of dad's visitors who come to cheer him up! It's fun to see dad off to breakfast with his buds, the amazing Tweedledee and Tweedledum (who's who?). It's also fun to see how Isaac (the most beloved and spoiled person who's ever been in our house) interacts with dad's visitors. This last week our good friend Siope visited and brought his daughter, Ileana (sorry if I spelled it wrong!) who tried to play with Isaac. When all he wanted to do was line up grandma's ceramics on the window sill, she participated by narrating what she declared was his "garage sale." Kids are so fun!

We love you all! Give your loved ones a squeeze for us,
The Losers

6 comments:

Barbara Jackson said...

Always thinking about you!! Always a phone call away!!!

xoxoxoxo

Ned and Barbara

Tracy said...

We always look forward to the updates! Thanks much for keeping us all in the loop. We pray for you and you are in our thoughts frequently.
Love Tracy & Jill

Anonymous said...

Hi Richard,

Just wanted to say Hi. I have been looking at your blog. It is wonderful to be able to keep up with how you are doing. I ask the staff at Rescue Alert about you sometimes. Just want you to know you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. I am so sorry you are having to go through so much. Wish I could take your place since you are so young.

Love in Christ

Jackie

Siope L Kinikini said...

Ok, so Isaac is a "little man" in that he looks like a shrunken down version of an older guy. Very adorable. I'm sure Isaac was tuning out Ileina's constant talking... she can really talk a lot. Sorry about that.

Anyway, it was great to visit and catch up for a bit. We continue to think of you guys daily. Love to you all!

Thanks for the update! It's appreciated. You guys are awesome!

Zeann said...

Can't wait for the results on the PET scan. Does not sound like a party. Hope they figure out a way for you to have more great moments with your loved ones without the nausea stuff.

Bob had knee surgery 2 weeks ago but is now helping Timmerie get ready to move into another house. A little remodeling and pulling tacks to get ready for new carpet. Dr said he only needed to not crawl for 2 months so 2 weeks must be a record for him to do what the Dr says.

Little (over 6 ft now) Chad Roberts did a beautiful job on the tile through the entry and kitchen area. She loves it. I only remember Chad in church at newborn,1,2,3,4,5 ages and am always surprised to see that handsom man come in.

We will see you one of these days. Camerons letter was great. Your family is great and you and Michelle are the most. Love you

mary jane said...

Hey guys, it's good to hear that you still want to do some traveling. I for one am glad to hear it. I love Maui but a few months ago went to Kauai. It was awesome because it is still basically untouched. I also love cruises cause you don't have to do anything for yourself. Have Michelle give me a call if I can be of any help.
Love you guys, Mary Jane