"Wherefore, whoso believeth in God might with surety hope for a better world, yea, even a place at the right hand of God, which hope cometh of faith, maketh and anchor to the souls of men, which would make them sure and steadfast, always abounding in good works, being led to glorify God." Ether 12:4

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Seasons of Love

Hello friends and family,

As I Nichole write this post tonight, (for the first time in a long time), my lips meander back to sing a song that’s been pushing around in my head this last month. It’s from a musical called Rent.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8iTeDl_Wug

How did you measure this year? Babies? Graduations? Mission calls? Joy? Job loss? Financial strain? Sadness? Fear? Hope?

How do I measure this year? It’s been different than any other year of my life. I don’t know how I will look back on the events of the last 14 months, but I do know that these words speak a small token of truth:

It’s time now to sing out, though the story never ends.

Let’s celebrate, remember a year in the life of friends.

We were literally given a year, quite unexpectedly, and though the eye of yesterday is sharp and sees the mistakes we made, I know I will measure my year in love. In more love than I knew I had.

Our story never ends. Thank you for being a part of this year. Your companionship has made the story worthwhile.

Yours in celebration of the life of a friend,

The Loser Family

6 comments:

Zeann said...

Dearest Losers, each of you have put a hand on the robe of our Savior and said to him in full faith, lead me through this unknown territory and I will not falter but learn the lesson you have for me to learn. Eternity is always viewed facing forward, what we do today and tomorrow, for we have repented of yesterday. It will be so interesting to find out what the lesson was we had to learn and why it was so important to our eternal life. Your story cannot end as it lives in the generations not yet born beacuse you have been so faithful and you have also been such a faithful writer. Love you Loser family. Merry Christmas to you all.

Siope L Kinikini said...

Comments to the author of this post... Very poetic. Loved the post.

Strange as it may sound, I was just listening to that song earlier tonight. I've been having these strange epiphanies during the past week and it's odd that some surround you all. Thank you for the post and for the perspective.

Much love to you all.

Love you guys.

curtspud said...

I have been unable to sleep tonight, thoughts of your family and the love I feel for all of you and for our dear Savior have wet my pillow and stirred my very soul. Then I read your blog...how is it you always say just what I am feeling? I too will measure this year as one filled with love for eternal friends. How you have touched my life. I love Christmas and especially the music of this season. Each time I hear the song "Star of Bethlehem" I remember your sweet mother and her angel voice singing it with perfect, earnest faith. It comforted me then and does to this day. Your star will shine on. Love to all-

schetsclan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
schetsclan said...

Thanks for this nice message.Your family has been a wonderful example of strength and faith. Thanks for sharing your lessons of life. It is thought provoking to ponder on what has been accomplished in the last year,and what I could do better at. I think you hit it on the head when you talked about the importance of focusing on love in all aspects of our life. You have done a great job of this. I know this year has been treated as a gift in your family. We should all take a lesson from you. We need to treat each day and year as a gift as well. May Heavenly Father continue to bless you and you family. Merry Christmas!
Love, The Schetselaar family

Amy said...

That was beautiful Nichole! I love you all so much! I wish I could be there to hug each of you. May you conintue to find joy in all of these miracles this Christmas season!