"Wherefore, whoso believeth in God might with surety hope for a better world, yea, even a place at the right hand of God, which hope cometh of faith, maketh and anchor to the souls of men, which would make them sure and steadfast, always abounding in good works, being led to glorify God." Ether 12:4

Friday, November 7, 2008

Chemotherapy

Thank you all for your continued interest in our behalf. It is amazing the people who come out of the woodwork and express their support and love. It is sincerely appreciated.

Dad continues to improve a little each day. It is a tremendous improvement from the "doomsday" post a couple of weeks ago. He and mom were able to visit with the cancer oncologist and given dad's young age and rugged good looks, they decided to begin the chemotherapy process. Dad will have a PET scan next Wednesday and then his first dose, causing just a little fatigue.

We then plan to take a short vacation as a family out to California to visit family and the beach, both fond memories of Dad's childhood and ours growing up. When we return, he will have the second dose on the 24th. This one does involve a slight chance that Dad may lose his hair as it is more aggressive. The chemo is meant to attack the cancer resulting in less pain and slower spread of the disease. We are all optimistic of its effects.

Dad will take visitors this afternoon until 6 and Saturday from 2 to 6 and again Sunday. Please call the house, Mom, or Nichole to make sure we are at home before you come over.

Love, the Losers.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the new post! We check several times a day!

Jennifer Koski said...

Wow! A bit of good news! It is heartening! And a trip to California even -how wonderful! We check the blog several times a day too -you have many people rooting & praying for you!

Yesterday I said the prayer on our dinner and as soon as it ended one of my kids said "Hey! What about Brother Loser??! You forgot him!!!" (You've got scouts looking out for you EVERYWHERE!)

Thanks for the updates,
Jennifer

Anonymous said...

Michelle & Rick,
We are so proud of the way that your family is handling your trials. You are a wonderful example to all of us. We want you to know that our prayers are with you and your family.
We love you.
Sharon & Kent Tate

Leslie Scoresby said...

I was at Jeanette's today and Kaylee said the prayer. She said "Please bless Papa (my dad) and Rick Closer." You are in all of our prayers from the youngest to the oldest and we love you.

Zeann said...

So good to see a new post and that you have visited the onocologist.

What's a little hair? I have two wigs I be happy to lend you or give you for that matter and just for your information they are much more comfortable on the stool and not nearly so warm. I loved the breeze on my bare head. Get a nice stocking hat to keep warm if you get chilly. When you put hair on the stool it scares the grandkids and they bark at it. What a sight. But they love to rub your bald head.

I love your blankie. All the babies get those nice soft blankies and we just sit around in whatever. Someone I will proably never get to meet made me one with pink cancer ribbons and daisies and fringes around the edges just like the baby blankets and I still drag it around and love it.

We hope to get down tomorrow. I'll call in the morning and check first. Love you guys so much

Tracy said...

Losers,

Yipee!!! That is great news! Miracles do happen don't they... Have a great trip. We continue to pray for you all.

Love Tracy & Jill

J+C Wood said...

We are still visiting the blog every day and are reading every word so keep the entries coming!!!!

John and Choya Reese said...

Hey, my old friend. I was talking to Laura and she told me of your burden. At first I was sad but after reading these messages I know that everything is right with you. Our prayers and thoughts are with you, Michelle, and family.

Love the Reese's

Amy said...

I love your new family picture!! You all look so good! Enjoy your trip to California. I'm so glad you get to go. We love you and can't wait to see you :)

Tracy said...

Wow!!! Jill and I just watched the slide show. It was wonderful...we cried. You have a very handsome family. But hey - look at the parents - right!

Who sang the song in the background?

LOVE MUCH - Tracy

Zeann said...

Oh my goodness how exciting to see your post, Bishop Loser, Premier Home Teacher, and Eternal Friend. Love you and the strength you instill in anyone who is fortunate enough to know you. Love you all

Guerrier said...

Things are more positive--that's great! I wrote you something here: http://inhonoremeo.blogspot.com/ It's just a single post blog. I was saddened to hear that this trial had come to you. I'm glad that things are better & that you had holidays w/ your family.

~Jonathan B. Kirk