"Wherefore, whoso believeth in God might with surety hope for a better world, yea, even a place at the right hand of God, which hope cometh of faith, maketh and anchor to the souls of men, which would make them sure and steadfast, always abounding in good works, being led to glorify God." Ether 12:4

Sunday, June 7, 2009

Happy Hospital Sunday

Hello everyone! Thank you for your devotion in reading this blog - we don't post nearly often enough, but try when we can. I know, I know, Yoda said, "Do or do not. There is no try;" but he was at least 800 years old when he said that. It takes time to learn those lessons...

We are posting from the hospital - yep, back again. Dad's got a partial small bowel blockage that's been painful since last Sunday. Instead of opting for surgery right away (every time he gets opened up, the chances of having a blockage as a result later on are like 60%), he is going to stay and be on IV fluids to try and let the blockage pass on its own. If that doesn't work in a few days, we'll try an NG tube (down his nose, into his stomach) and as a last resort, go into surgery. 

So life goes on. There's nothing like having to give a complete medical history five times in five hours. Unless it's listening to the person in the next room puking. 

We'll keep you posted.
All our love!
The Losers

(Post brought to you by Nichole)

7 comments:

curtspud said...

Hey! No, we have not disappeared! Our internet at home has been down for over a month! I hate technology! Plus, we have had ALL of our family home for almost 3 weeks. It has been so fun, but sooo crazy. I am worn out from all the "parties" 'til the wee hours of the a.m. and all the COOKING!!! But I wouldn't have it any other way. Right now we are in St. George tending Kallie (Jason's 20 month old) for 5 days while his firm has he and his wife on a river trip! We are having a blast with her, but once again my age is showing. Tomorrow we register JJ at Dixie College, meet Jason & Kim at the airport on Tues. and get home Wed. Then I hope life will slow down. I am sooo sorry I missed Michelle's 50th. I am good at those parties--just ask Curt! Ha--he still won't forgive me. I can't wait to talk to you again Michelle. Soon...Rick, you are ALWAYS in our prayers. So glad you are holding your own and still making memories. You are such a special family. Love you all---Jane

Siope L Kinikini said...

We love you guys. We are here awaiting any other news and please let us know what we can do to help. Thanks for the blog update!
We love you and Rachel sends her love too. She still has the balloon with stickers on it, believe it or not. Amazing.

Love you all!

Us

Zeann said...

Yuk!! Yuk !! YUUUUK!! So sorry you are off the track again. Hope it is resolved quickly and you can be out and about soon.Love you

Leslie Scoresby said...

Just remember we love you!

Timothy Mitt Robinson said...

So sorry to hear you're back in the hospital. Up at St. Marks again?

I was sitting doing some computer work on my laptop when Laura came up with "I wanna holder" (which means I have to "hold her"). I put her on my lap. She glanced at the computer and said, "Can we see BroLo??" out of the blue like that. So I had to go to the blog and show her your picture. Apparently you are top of mind to the spiritually sensitive among us.

All our love.
The Robinsons

Barbara Jackson said...

SORRY, SORRY, SORRY!!!!!

What can we do? Can we take this small part for you? Can we rub your feet? Feed you green jello? No? So we will just say we love you with all our hearts!!!!

xoxoxoxo

Ned and Barbara

Feel better soon...........Disneyland candy awaits you!!!!!

J+C Wood said...

I'm sorry about the hospital stay. We'll see you soon. You are in our thoughts and prayers. I love you both!

Nichole-I love your take on life and so I enjoy your blog entries. I know life is busy but thank you for taking the time for us on the computer.