"Wherefore, whoso believeth in God might with surety hope for a better world, yea, even a place at the right hand of God, which hope cometh of faith, maketh and anchor to the souls of men, which would make them sure and steadfast, always abounding in good works, being led to glorify God." Ether 12:4

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Hospital Update . . .

Thursday, June 09, Day 234, week 33, month 7 since diagnosis-

Well, I had that nasty dang NG (Nasal Gastric) tube inserted late Sunday night after admission to the hospital @ IMC again. Around 1:30 today my nurse said I was approved for clear liquids. At about 6pm today I got the NG tube removed. It's amazing what a psychological boost it is just to get the tube out! I've been up and walking yesterday and today, trying tto help things move along. If I am able to tolerate the clear liquids, I will hopefully get to eat some soft foods tomorrow. I've lost 8 pounds in the last week and am feeling quite fatigued from fighting the pain and nausea. None of the doctors are anxious to do surgery, especially since they just had me opened up 6 weeks ago, so we pray this decompression takes care of the blockage. If all goes well, I hope to be discharged from the hospital on Thursday or Friday.


We did get some new tumor marker results last Thursday. For the first time since we started chemo back in November, it went up a litlle. Not too significant, but an indicator that we still have a battle to fight. We continue to be grateful for every good day and pray for more to come.
Thanks again for your calls, visits, prayers and expressions of love and concern.

Richard

5 comments:

Siope L Kinikini said...

I'm hoping to see you today. Thank you for keeping us all updated. I think of you often. I will see you soon.

Leslie Scoresby said...

We're glad the tube is out and that you're closer to going home. We love you

Zeann said...

Great news now if the rest will just get movin'. Hope all goes well and you can go home and enjoy life again soon. Hospitals make you so tired. Best wishes getting out of there. Love you all

Barbara Jackson said...

Glad that thingy is out!!!! Glad you are feeling enough energy to get up and walk a bit. Glad you can look forward to green jello sometime soon.

Glad you are our friend.

xoxoxoxo

Ned and Barbara

Jim said...

This is a note to let you know you are in our thoughts and prayers. We are here in Cedar City with our daughter Carrie and her family. They want us to go to Lake Powell with them. It is beautiful there but I am not a water person. Last year was my first time going and we did have lots of fun. I enjoy watching everyone else do the water sports. I have been down here since last Wednesday and have missed seeing you all. You and your family have been on my mind so much. I wish I could do something to ease your burden. I will look forward to seeing you when I get home. Love, Linda Western XOXOXO