"Wherefore, whoso believeth in God might with surety hope for a better world, yea, even a place at the right hand of God, which hope cometh of faith, maketh and anchor to the souls of men, which would make them sure and steadfast, always abounding in good works, being led to glorify God." Ether 12:4

Saturday, June 20, 2009

Home at last...

Hello all!
Here' s another update from the Losers:

Dad is back home from the hospital now (he got back yesterday evening), and it's been an interesting two weeks. He has two ostomy sites, one G-tube, one PICC line, and a belly full of staples at the moment. He's feeling better, but still in some pain (which is to be expected - he's hauling around like 200 lbs of medical equipment lately). We are running the TPN in the evenings, and dad is still able to eat, so he's feeling better with all this unexpected nutrition, too.

With all the new stuff going on, the doctors want dad to keep records of EVERYTHING that has ANYTHING to do with his body. It's a little annoying, trying to keep it all straight. Now was that 270 calories of urine, or 2 milligrams of calories? I don't know anymore - it's like word vomit at the moment.

Overall, dad's happy to be home. Oh, and something I personally think is funny? Dad's PICC line is in his left arm, and the TPN runs at night, so guess who had to change sides of the bed after 30 years of marriage? Mom said that she woke up in the middle of the night and had no idea where she was. I wish I could have seen her try to figure that out :)

Thank you to all those who visited and stayed at the hospital with dad. Mom and I couldn't have done it alone. Also, thank you for your continued concerns, thoughts, and prayers. We are looking forward to this Sunday when we can spend Father's Day at home, with our family.

Treasure your fatherly moments.
All our love,
The Losers

8 comments:

J J Judd said...

We are glad you are home! Your family is always in our prayers. Have a wonderful Father's Day!

Barbara Jackson said...

So glad you are home, finally. We will be by this week, we leave the next.

No, I didn't let Ned eat your candy!!!

xoxoxox

Ned and Barbara

J+C Wood said...

'word vomit' ...lovely Nichole. The images that your entries create are ummm ...interesting. :)
We had Jasmin and Kayla with us Wednesday - Saturday. They are great kids.
Jessica, Hannah and Bethany are coughing so we'll wait a bit before we visit with the whole family.
Rick, I'm so happy that you can be home today. Happy Father's day my brother. I'm glad you made it. Enjoy! Love you all.

Catherine

Zeann said...

Happy Fathers Day!!!Hope it was all you wished for. Great Loser family you are all in our prayers. Nichole keep up the very descriptive words, you are great and have the ablilty to relay the vision with color. Hope you all have peaceful happy days ahead. By the way Dallas was ordained an Elder today. Second generation of LDS Aguilar's coming up. You had such a big influence in it all. Love you

Anonymous said...

Hi Loser family:
I am so glad to hear Rick is home. It was a delight to bask in your presence the other evening. Thanks for allowing me some time. Rick you will be glad to know my Mom asked about you yesterday. She really does adore you :-)
Know that you are all in my prayers and I love you all greatly,
Panaloons

Sheryl Dame said...

Hey, Richard! Here in the land of the busy boys, we think of you a lot. I walk past your house most mornings as I make my early rounds. I love to see how things are growing back and front. Your hostas have looked gorgeous this spring. I think all the snails in Alpine live in my yard, and they like hostas and petunias a LOT.

This summer, Madeleine is doing some classes through Electronic High School, to have more room in her schedule in the fall. She says, "When do you get to try that KFC grilled chicken? I want to try that too."

Archer says, "I hope you feel better. It's almost my birthday. Is it almost your birthday?" Archer also wonders if you have the swine flu.

Logan is busy with soccer and swimming and playing as hard as he can whenever I am not making him work (he's such a great helper). At the end of school, he and two of his friends got their hair cut into mohawks. After a couple of weeks, we had him shave it off, so he is now buzzed and looks like a big old Q-tip with dimples. He is at soccer practice right now, so I can't quote him. But he'd probably smile and say "Ummmmmm."

Merrit says, "I just had my birthday. I am five. It was fun. I want to finish my Pokemon DS game. It's really hard. We have to get every single Pokemon. We have to catch everyone. We can't play it today because we played it when we couldn't." Sheryl explains: Merrit and Archer were supposedly asleep. But they were playing this little nintendo game in the dark, in their bedroom, at 10:30 p.m.

Rick is looking for work, as his job will be eliminated due to structural changes at his company at the end of the summer. He keeps sprouting beans the Great Loser Way (moist paper towels, Ziploc bags, heating pad). For the past many weeks, our master bathroom has been a plant land that has gradually been moving to the great outdoors.

We are glad you are home, so that life's little joys can be around you in abundance.

With love,
Sheryl Dame

Siope L Kinikini said...

We had to wait till we were all better before visiting again. We reached that point yesterday. We decided to be spontaneous and drop by and visit. (Spontaneity has a time and place...;) Alas, you were not home. We stopped by at around noon. You were probably in church.

Anyway, we hope to see you all soon.

Zeann said...

What a joy to have been able to be with Adam as he follows so closely in your footsteps. Hope you are finding comfort with your new fittings and getting used to the routine. Love you